Find us on Google+ Etsuko Going Places: December try outs

Pages

23 December 2011

December try outs


Hello everyone! This December I decided to try different beauty products like Zizmore Whitening lotion, Glam works' Hair Luxe, Watsons' Green Tea & Cucumber Body scrub and Ysa Botanica's 2 in 1 Papaya with Kojic Acid Soap. Feel free to comment and/or suggest. Thanks!
















1. Zizmore Whitening lotion with sunscreen 

Manufactured by: Zizmore Corporation
Description: Now you can have a lotion that whitens your skin while it penetrates beneath where dryness begins, moisturizing, smoothening and beautifying  from inside out, and unlike other whitening lotion, you may expose yourself to sunlight. Its unique formula contains special sun-block that effectively protects the skin against the harmful rays of the sun. With daily use, your complexion will look healthy smooth and younger looking too. 
Special ingredient: Papaya extract and Vitamin E

I got this Zizmore Whitening lotion from my lolo. He won a  gift pack from their Brgy's Xmas party. Together with the lotion are (if i'm not mistaken) Alune Whitening Milk Bath (which I will try soon), a small bottle that looks like efficacent oil and a low-class perfume. At first, I was kinda hesitant to try this lotion because it's not familiar to me. Also, I have a sensitive skin, that's why I only use tried and tested (branded) products. I researched first and I found out that at some places this product DO exist. There are online sellers and buyers -and it costs Php 250! According to the reviews I've read, this product is effective on whitening skin complexion and dark spots. So, to avoid any harm, I decided to try it first on my feet. My feet were really dry and honestly, they are the most 'neglected' part of my body. I put a 'lil amount of lotion on my right foot. Unlike other lotions, this one is malabnaw. It also smells like a mild ethyl alcohol. After I lather a little amount on my foot, I immediately noticed that my skin feels smoother - hmm, good start. I'm not really after its whitening effect , but to see if it is true, I lather a small amount on my knees. We are unable to see its effect after the first use so I'll update you more about the product after a week or two. 


2. Glam work's Hair Luxe for Damaged Hair

Distributed by: Watsons Personal Care Stores (Philippines) Inc.
Description: The Avocado and Jojoba Oil combination provides elements of nutrition and helps protect hair from damage during heat treatments. Gives hair that special luxurious look, keeping it healthy and manageable. 
Special Ingredient: Avocado and Jojoba Oil

I got my hair relaxed last Sunday, it was really a.... DISASTER! Huge part of my hair is now curly and frizzy and it's so hard to manage. I am having a hard time combing my hair. I am so upset and I don't know what to do. I researched for some 'home-treatment' and any product that could bring back the goodness of my hair. Some of the tips I read were: deep conditioning your hair once a week, Have a hot oil once a month and don't use shampoo everyday.There are some hair treatments especially made for chemically damaged hair but I can't afford to try one. They costs atleast Php 3,000. Good thing I found out some good product reviews. This is where I found out about Lory's Deep Conditioning Cream. I read a lot about this product and the users rated it EXCELLENT! I really wanna try this product but unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy one ( better luck next time). I opt to use a more affordable product. There are lot of  products to choose from. I'm about to buy Sunsilk's Damage Repair Hot Oil when I saw Glam Work's Hair Luxe. I read the label and bought it. Why? because of its special ingredient, the Avocado and Jojoba Oil, Based on my research, Avocado and Jojoba are both good in repairing chemically damaged hair. Nice isn't it?! and it's more affordable. It costs only Php99.00! 

I tried it first by leaving it on my hair overnight. ofcourse with a shower cap on. Early in the morning, I wash my hair and dry it. My hair becomes smoother and shinier. After 2 days, I used it again. I leave it on my hair overnight. This time , my hair is more manageable than before, less falling hair and easier to comb. I used it again for the third time.  I was surprised to see that the curly and frizzy part of my hair got smoother and straighter. I am so happy with the results and this product is on my beauty list now! 


3. Watsons' Green Tea & Cucumber Body Scrub

Distributed by: Watsons Personal Care Stores (Philippines) Inc.
Description: Watsons Soothing Body Scrub contains exfoliating beads to scrub away dry and rough skin. Infused with the fresh crisp scent of Green Tea & Cucumber, it will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and invigorated. 
Special Ingredient: Green Tea and Cucumber 

This wasn't my first choice. What I want to buy is Asian Secret's Lulur body scrub but I saw their promos and I picked this one. What I like about this product is its scent and gentle scrubs - It's not like you're rubbing gravel and sand on your body. One thing I don't like about this one it the 'malagkit' feeling after I used it. 



4. Ysa Botanica's 2 in 1 Papaya with Kojic Acid Soap

Distributed by:  YSA Skin Care Corporation
Description: An effective skin lightening soap that combines the intensive whitening and rejuvenating properties of both Kojic acid and Papaya Enzyme. With regular use, complexion will become visibly lighter and skin noticeably softer and smoother.
Special Ingredient: Papaya Enzyme and Kojic Acid.

I read a lot of product reviews about whitening soaps. My first choice was CY Gabriel, but I heard that it can cause your skin super dry so I switched to YSA Botanica. This is their latest product - combination of Papaya and Kojic. Based on my research Kojic is really good in whitening skin complexion. I told you before, I'm not into 'Skin whitening'; the reason why I buy these whitening products is because I have these small dark spots and these products can decrease its visibility. This is the 4th day I am using YSA Botanica. I don't see any 'whitening' effect maybe because I'm not using YSA Botanica lotion. They said that it is more effective if you use the soap and the lotion. I am a lil' bit concern with its effect on my skin. After the third time I used the soap, I had several blisters/ 'butlig' on my arms. Well, I guess this is how my skin reacts to the products that I'm using. I experienced this several times before on different whitening products. According to Wikipedia, it is called Contact Dermatitis.  I will continue using YSA Botanica for few more days, let's see if the blisters will still occur and if it will lessen the visibility of the dark spots. 

If your are interested with the results of these products on me, stay in touch . I will  also write more product reviews. Share your thought and experience too. 

1 comment:

  1. Currently, I am using Olay natural white w/ vitamin c and it's moisturizes the skin. Also, if you want to lighten the dark spots on your skin, you can try using Nivea Extra Whitening Body Milk, it's mild, makes your skin soft and supple. It doesn't really bleach ur skin but it does fade away dark spots because it contains camu camu extract and acerola cherry, with 50x more vitamim c than lemon extract. Or you can also try using the nivea moisturizing serum w/ vitamin E and SPF 25. My friend is using it and her dark spots are gone. I also use it but only when I go out in the sun because of its sunscreen.It's also mild on the skin but it's not as fragrant as the nivea body milk.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading & keep on blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...